PRIVACY NOTICE PURSUANT TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
In view of the recent enforcement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) in Malaysia, Thai Odyssey is in the midst of exercising compliance of the Act. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to help you better understand the manner in which your Personal Data is managed and to give you the options available to you to access or limit the use of the information provided. The Act also requires Thai Odyssey to obtain your consent for the usage and processing of your personal data.
Categories of Personal Data that we collect
The Personal Data collected and processed by us may include:
- Name, Identity Card/passport number, gender, health particulars, occupational details and date of birth
- Contact details including address, phone number(s) and email address
Purpose of collecting your data
The Personal Data previously collected from you is being, and will continue to be used for purposes including without limitation:
- to process your E-cash application
- to process your course application & information
- to confirm, update and enhance your records
- to monitor sales volume and spending information
- to conduct market research and/or statistical analysis
- to identify and (if possible) prevent fraud
- for marketing purposes (subject to any objections received and/or consents obtained, for the purpose listed below)
- to communicate via sms blast, telemarketing or email blast
- to promote offers on Thai Odyssey products and services and that of our business partners
- to reply to enquiries made via calls, emails, letters, faxes or Facebook
- to fulfil your requests including redemption requests
- to administer your participation in contests
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be provided to the following parties for the purposes set out above:
- any agents, service providers and/or subcontractors of Thai Odyssey and its affiliates;
- and/or any other person(s) required or permitted by law or any regulatory authority.
All parties mentioned above are required to protect the confidentiality of the personal data they receive.
Access to Personal Data
The Act allows you the right to access the Personal Data you have submitted. You may at any time update or amend the information provided to us by contacting us.
Your options and how to contact us
You may at any time make a request in writing to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data, including to prevent usage of your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing.
Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to 03-7710 7833
Your information will remain with Thai Odyssey and we will take all practicable steps to ensure the security of the data at all times from any unauthorized access. Thai Odyssey will endeavor not to disclose any personally identifiable information to any organization unless necessary and/or as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Thai Odyssey reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any material changes will be posted on our website with the updated Privacy Notice.